Wednesday, February 9, 2011

October's Pick-Me-Up

We hauled every possession we owned over to a storage unit and to his parents apartment above the garage. We quickly had to learn a new way of living. We were already accustomed to buying our own groceries, bathroom supplies, and other necessities. I was used to making dinner then packing left overs in containers Logan would take to work and store in his work fridge as lunch items. It was simple and our lives ran smoothly, but now his lunches became just leftovers for everyone to eat. We ran out of options for his lunches. He had to buy big breakfast burritos at Alberto's.
Moving into our parents made us feel like we were kids again; we were kids who had rules to follow and chores to complete. Once again we had to clean up after ourselves immediately, turn all the lights off, always have clothes on, and everything that was ours was theirs. We had to go downstairs and visit with family, and we hardly had any alone time with the exception being bedtime. But even bedtime was iffy because who knew when someone was going to knock on the door or waltz in to get a soda. It was rough. I'll admit I cried myself to sleep a few times.
My birthday was the perfect pick-me-up. Ritually, Logan took me down to Vegas for an evening of Carrabba's dinner and shopping. We went to so many malls and stores but nothing stood out to me. Logan was getting mad. He kept saying I better buy something because it's my birthday, or else he would feel horrible. Finally, I caved in and found a few night gowns and pj pants at Victorias Secret.
I love my birthday trips to Vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment