Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our First Month

January 2010

We never could have prepared ourselves for all the things we learned about each other, but what an adventure it has been!

Step one, the budget. Logan has always been really good with money, so financially we have everything figured out. We are able to create a budget that keeps us on track of our bills, groceries, gas, and extra money. With money being the number one problem in most marriages, we've decided that we can not let it get the best of us.

Step two, making our apartment our home. Since I'm a girl, it's obvious that decorating the apartment was the number one thing on my list! When I worked at Kohl's Department store, it really seemed like I was spending my paychecks on decorations for the house I'd have one day. Plus, we were so blessed with all of our gifts from our wedding, that didn't really need to make a list of provisions still needed. We didn't get a crockpot or toaster! Of the two most popular gifts that newlyweds usually get multiples of, we didn't. We had to actually go get them! It was really funny to us. Instead our doubles were glass bowls and bakeware. I think we have four 9"x13" glass pans ;) My favorite are the ones with lids! How much more easy could clean up get? Family members also gave us pieces of furniture like a body mirror and bookcase. We appreciate everything we have!

Anyways, I was able to hang up photos and wall decorations to fill empty space to really liven up our home. Our living room is basic with our tv and stand, big red comfy couch, lamp and side table. We still don't have curtains, just blinds, but throw pillows on the couch make up for them! Maybe one day I'll learn to sew my own curtains?
My favorite room is our kitchen! It's so small, but it works. Every time we are both in the kitchen Logan always describes the kitchen he is going to make me in the house one day we will build. It's fun to fantisize! He says it'll be the biggest room in the whole house because I make a lot of food an that means I need a lot of room. I really do cook big meals, if I had time I would even make supper size lunches! Cooking is so much fun to me.


Step three, really get to know each other. Although we are still learning, we pretty much have each other figured out. I know when Logan needs to be cuddled or big spooned, and he knows when to be gentle with me. He knows that for me, coming home to a clean and tidy house puts me in a positive mood, so he does his part. While I make sure there is a mouth watering meal ready every night. I, personally, don't ever need alone time but Logan seems to love his in the bathroom haha! Prayers for stronger love and strength in our relationship are said everyday. Daily scripture study is very very very important, sometimes our day seems so busy with school, work, dinner, working out, cleaning, studying, and everything else that it's difficult to push time aside, but you must! It makes your life rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment