Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Menu

I put my mother and grandmother in charge of the food menu. Whether or not that was a good idea, we will soon find out. So far it looks like lasagna, chicken parmesean, chicken salad croissants, salads, and maybe a chocolate fountain. At first they were all for lasagna only. I love lasagna, but Logan hates lasagna. How could I let them serve something my husband hates? It is his wedding too. So I convinced them that chicken parmesean would be a nice addition. Plus, I probably will not eat any of it because it has a red staining sauce. White dress + tomato sauce = disaster.

Letting them take over the food relieved some stress from the wedding and really the food is for the guests... but if I could do it over again, I wouldn't do a full course meal. Fingerfoods are the way to go!

Originally, I wanted a few different types of chocolate fountains with a whole bunch of goodies to dip in them, but my mom has to impress everyone around her for some reason. Weddings are not about what kind of food you have, or what the decorations look like. They are about the union of families. Who cares what kind of food they serve? Twenty years down the road no one will remember because it is not important. What they will remember is how much fun they had dancing and watching two people in love be filled with joy.

Do not get me wrong. I am very thankful my family is helping out with the menu. I just wish they saw it like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment